Friday, September 30, 2011

blog 19 recipe 16

 
The book club that I belong to, http://thisbookmakesmecook.blogspot.com/ is so enjoyable.  While I enjoy the books that I actually get a chance to read, the real reason why I enjoy it so much is that the people in the club are from all over the world. That said...the members choose the book of the month, thus I am introduced to authors and books that I would never have stumbled upon on my own. Two months ago many members were so excited to read a story that many remember from their childhood. I of course had no idea what they were referring to, and had a 3 week wait for the book to be delivered from a remote sender in England. I missed the deadline for the book club, however dear daughter was thrilled with the read, and was thrilled to read the posts based upon the book.
Not being familiar with the author or  local of the plot was the theme for me this read. Beach Cafe by Lucy Diamond was a fun romp on the beaches of England. I can certainly relate to a beach vacation (aka holiday), and life on the beach so my imagination wasn't stretched to the gills, but I was unfamiliar with one of the particular food item that was mentioned throughout the book....pasties.
Now my memory chip was a bit sketchy and my lovely shots went missing so please envision crusty triangles of warm, melty goodness.

 I am going to be completely honest and tell you that I used all left overs for my pasties, and refrigerated pie dough. I can only imagine how much tastier it would have been with homemade dough, but I am not good at making rolled out dough so I opted out. There is really no recipe involved as I believe anything that is considered yummy warmed up would work....savory or sweet. The fillings were all homemade even though they were leftover. I rolled and stuffed ...meatballs and fresh mozzarella, sausage peppers and onions, steak fajitas, and ham and Swiss with sauteed onions. Dear family were picking up the crumbs!!
Foodbuzz


No comments:

Post a Comment