Thursday, March 8, 2012

blog continued recipe 18...kale

So I've been thinking about kale lately. I know, I know "very exciting life" you may be thinking. Actually I just spent an unbelievable week in Italy. The food was amazing. I have been itching to make a few yummy based on the trip...polenta, various pizzas, veal dishes, crepes, and I am curious about a homemade Nutella.....hmmmmm getting hungry just thinking about the possibilities. Anyway I digress...today I am focused on kale. I know there are the fancy purple and black kales, which have eluded me at my markets, I'm talking your basic green kale. I threw caution to the wind and threw together my own recipe, (so no cook book attached to this blog).
I love collard greens and broccoli rabe. I feel their flavors improve with pork....(try broccoli rabe with chorizo, you won't be disappointed), so I had some ham and chopped it up, and went from there.



chop 1 cup or so pork leftovers. 

put 2 cloves garlic, 1/2 cup olives, anchovy (1 or 2)
crushed red pepper to taste, and lemon juice.

add mixture to coated pan and saute until browning.

rinse kale, add to pan and cook, cook, cook. 
 
                                          Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with grated cheese.
                                                                           Enjoy!

Foodbuzz
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment